منتديات صفاء القلوب
Present simple & Present continuous tense W6w20015

منتديات صفاء القلوب
Present simple & Present continuous tense W6w20015

منتديات صفاء القلوب
هل تريد التفاعل مع هذه المساهمة؟ كل ما عليك هو إنشاء حساب جديد ببضع خطوات أو تسجيل الدخول للمتابعة.

الرئيسيةالرئيسية  أحدث الصورأحدث الصور  التسجيلالتسجيل  دخولدخول  مكتبيمكتبي  
مواضيع مماثلة
المواضيع الأخيرة
» ماكينات سحب الهواء ( ماكينات فاكيوم )
Present simple & Present continuous tense Emptyالإثنين 14 يوليو - 21:24 من طرف تايجر باك

» Adverb Clause
Present simple & Present continuous tense Emptyالجمعة 19 يوليو - 0:44 من طرف Ahmed Abuobida

» Adjective Clause
Present simple & Present continuous tense Emptyالجمعة 19 يوليو - 0:24 من طرف Ahmed Abuobida

» future perfect
Present simple & Present continuous tense Emptyالجمعة 19 يوليو - 0:10 من طرف Ahmed Abuobida

» Present Perfect vs Past Simple
Present simple & Present continuous tense Emptyالخميس 18 يوليو - 23:36 من طرف Ahmed Abuobida

» Passive Voice
Present simple & Present continuous tense Emptyالخميس 18 يوليو - 23:31 من طرف Ahmed Abuobida

» Discourse Markers
Present simple & Present continuous tense Emptyالخميس 18 يوليو - 23:18 من طرف Ahmed Abuobida

» Present simple & Present continuous tense
Present simple & Present continuous tense Emptyالخميس 18 يوليو - 20:43 من طرف Omnia Abuobida

»  Past perfect simple tense
Present simple & Present continuous tense Emptyالخميس 18 يوليو - 20:09 من طرف Ahmed Abuobida

Present simple & Present continuous tense

اذهب الى الأسفل 
2 مشترك
كاتب الموضوعرسالة
Ahmed Abuobida
General Manager
General Manager
Ahmed Abuobida

القوس القط
عدد المساهمات : 180
تاريخ التسجيل : 01/12/2010
العمر : 36
الموقع : السودان

Present simple & Present continuous tense Empty
مُساهمةموضوع: Present simple & Present continuous tense   Present simple & Present continuous tense Emptyالخميس 18 يوليو - 19:42

Present simple & Present continuous tense Hallo4

Present simple tense
Form

Positive statement: I play, He plays
Negative statement: I do not play (I don't play), He does not play (He doesn't play)
Questions: Do you play? Does he play?
Negative questions: Do you not play? (Don't you play?) Does he not play? (Doesn't he play?)
Present simple passive voice: The game is played. The letters are written. (See more at Active and passive voice.)

We only use -s ending (plays) and -es ending (does) in the third person singular.
The auxiliary verb do is not used to make questions and negative statements with modal verbs and the verb to be.
Are you a student? Is he in London? I am not at home. He is not happy. Can you sing? Must I come? I cannot swim. He mustn't stay.

If the wh- pronoun introducing the question (who, which) is the subject of the question, we do not use the auxiliary verb do. Compare the following sentences.
Who knows you? (who is the subject)
Which cars belong to you? (which cars is the subject)
But: Who do you know? (who is the object)

The negative questions normally express a surprise.
Doesn't he work?

Spelling

We add -es to the verb that ends in ss, sh, ch, x and o: miss - misses, fix - fixes, go - goes.
If the verb ends in a consonant and -y we change -y into -i and add -es: carry - carries, try - tries.
But: play - plays, because it ends in a vowel and -y.

Use

1. We use the present simple tense for activities that happen again and again (everyday, sometimes, ever, never).
Examples: I sometimes go to school by bike. You don't speak Greek. Do they get up early?
He often travels. She doesn't work. Does she ever help you?

2. We use it for facts that are always true.
Our planet moves round the sun. Lions eat meat.

3. With a future time expres​sion(tomorrow, next week) it is used for planned future actions (timetables).
The train leaves at 8.15. They return tonight.

Present continuous tense

Form

Positive statement: I am playing, You are playing, He is playing
Negative statement: I am not playing (I'm not playing), You are not playing (You aren't playing), He is not playing (He isn't playing)
Questions: Are you playing? Is he playing?
Negative questions: Are you not playing? (Aren't you playing?) Is he not playing? (Isn't he playing?)

It is formed with the verb to be and the present participle (-ing ending). The negative questions normally express a surprise.
Isn't he working?
Present continuous passive voice: The game is being played. The letters are being written.

Use

1. We use the present continuous tense for activities that are happening just now.
Examples: I am learning English at the moment. You aren't listening! Why is he sitting here?

2. We use it for an action happening about this time (today, this week), but not necessarily at the moment of speaking. It is a temporary activity.
I am in London. I am staying at the hotel. (But just now you can be somewhere else.)
She can't go out. She is writing her essay today. (But she can be having lunch at the moment.)
You can't borrow this book today. Mary is reading it. (But not right now.)

3. With a future time expres​sion(soon, on Monday) it is used for definite arrangements in the near future. The present continuous tense is more personal than the simple present tense, because it expresses the speaker's plan.
I am leaving soon. We are meeting on Monday.

الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة اذهب الى الأسفل
https://safalglob.mam9.com
Omnia Abuobida

Omnia Abuobida

الميزان التِنِّين
عدد المساهمات : 1
تاريخ التسجيل : 18/07/2013
العمر : 23

Present simple & Present continuous tense Empty
مُساهمةموضوع: رد: Present simple & Present continuous tense   Present simple & Present continuous tense Emptyالخميس 18 يوليو - 20:43

nice topic Mr. Ahmed:cheers: cheers 
الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة اذهب الى الأسفل

Present simple & Present continuous tense
الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة 
صفحة 1 من اصل 1
 مواضيع مماثلة
-
» Past simple & Past continuous tense
» Present perfect simple
» Present tenses for future Going to

صلاحيات هذا المنتدى:لاتستطيع الرد على المواضيع في هذا المنتدى
منتديات صفاء القلوب :: Department of Languages - قسم اللغات :: Department of English-
انتقل الى: